Reporting into the Area Sales Manager, the position of Retail Specialist is responsible for managing store locations in major German airports, the role is based in Frankfurt.
The role is suitable for a dynamic, independent, self-motivated person who feels at ease in the airport environment, can manage a busy challenging schedule and has a sharp eye for detail and the ability to manage teams based locally. The role requires someone with the ability to build strong relationships with store teams and provide insightful and motivational management to Brand Ambassadors. Store based 80% – Office 20%.
- Meet sales and profit targets along with sell out goals and growth in market share
- Drive the business above store and market trend
- Manage the business with store visits as the local airport manager
- Continuously look for further business opportunities in store
- Address issues quickly and efficiently,
- Manage and inspire a large number of Brand Ambassadors, work with local agencies to recruit permanent and seasonal staff when required
- Manage local team with specific objectives and goals, review and evaluate performance – manage incentives and rewards.
- Identify opportunities to develop and incentivise the team and work with the Area Sales manager to implement.
- Deliver training to brand ambassadors, promoters and store based teams – based on sales techniques, product information, promotions and new products
- Maintain brand guidelines and merchandising standards
- Planogram implementation and manage any issues
- Promotional installation managed effectively
- Undertake local negotiation for promotional space
- Gather market intelligence and review appropriately